So we all know there are many awesome recipes around for chocolate bark, seems to be having a bit of a moment. As far as we are aware ours is the first Late, Late Toy Show Bark. What makes it a Toyshow bark? Well it’s topped full of child-loved sweets. Or because we made and ate it while watching the Toyshow? Both excellent reasons in my mind. For this we used Tesco’s own brand chocolate-inexpensive but absolutely yummy. Overall this recipe is ridiculously simple. The hardest part is adding all the topping and getting them to stick before the chocolate has set. Tip of the day; smash your Crunchie into bits with a rolling pin when the wrapper is still on-that way you’re not left with Crunchie all over your kitchen and it pours easily out of the wrapper. So enjoy and remember chocolate bark, of all descriptions, is amazingly delicious all year round and not just at Toyshow time!
100g tesco’s white chocolate
100g tesco’s milk chocolate
1 standard sized M+Ms
1 Crunchie bar, smashed into small pieces
Handful of mini marshmallows
- Lay grease-proof paper on a hard surface (a worktop like!)
- Melt the white chocolate and milk chocolate in separate bowls.
- Pour the milk chocolate directly onto the grease-proof paper and spread out with the back of a spoon.
- Pour the white chocolate over the milk chocolate and swirl together. We like to then even out the top with a spatula.
- Quickly add the M+Ms, marshmallows and Crunchie to the bark before it sets, pushing individual pieces down into the chocolate to ensure they stick.
- Leave to set. Then break up into smaller pieces and enjoy