The best thing about this pea soup is how ridiculously simple it is to make, seriously simple and quick. No hours spent chopping vegetables and healthy to boot. As everything is going to be blitzed at the end there is no need to be over-precise when chopping the onion, garlic or chilli. It’s got a great, thick consistency and has a fabulous luminous green colour. Ok, I think I’ve sold it enough so time to start cooking! I’m a big fan of garlic so always end up adding a lot to soups, stir-fries, pastas etc. but feel free to half the amount if you’re not so inclined.
450g frozen peas
6 cloves of garlic (roughly chopped)
1 large onion (roughly chopped)
1 red chilli (deseeded and finely chopped)
400ml of vegetable stock
- Melt the butter over a medium heat
- Add the onion, chilli and garlic and stir. Sweat this over a low heat for 5 minutes. This is done by covering the pan with a lid.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil
- Add the peas. The soup is done once the peas are cooked – approximately 2 minutes
- Blitz with a hand held blender