These are the perfect breakfast show stopper, easy to make and oh so adorable. A breakfast cup or two is a must on a weekend morning with a cup of tea. Essentially breakfast cups have all the best parts of a fry but are healthier as they are baked rather than fried. Make them even healthier by using brown rather than white bread. Smoked or maple cured medallions work better than salted rashers as the salt can be overpowering.
4 slices of bread (white or brown)
4 slices of cheddar cheese
4 medallions or rashers with fat removed
Low cal cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Cut the crusts from the bread and using a rolling pin role the bread until wafer thin.
- Spray the base of 4 cups in a muffin tray with the cooking spray. Ramekins would also work.
- Use the bread to line the muffin tray-as if they were muffin paper cases.
- Line the bread with the medallions.
- Next line the medallions with the cheese.
- Carefully crack the egg into the remaining space in the muffin case. Keep the yolk whole if possible – so much prettier
- Season with black pepper as desired
- Place in the oven for 20 mins.