Chocolate Soufflé – Totally Yum. Here’s the recipe for what has now become our most popular Instagram photo. Light, fluffy, warm and chocolatey – What more could you ask for from a dessert? Well it could be simple to make, yet impressive enough to have your friends in awe. Tick and Tick! Oh and it’s quick to make too! What’s a hat-trick but you score seven goals? A seven-trick? This recipe makes enough for two, but you’ll probably want to make more…
90g chocolate (dark or milk works, whichever is your preference)
1 tbsp double cream
2 tbsp caster sugar
3 eggs, separated
Cocoa powder for dusting
Softened butter for greasing
- Preheat the oven to 200C
- Grease two ramekins with butter and dust with the cocoa powder
- Gently melt the cream and chocolate together in a saucepan over a gentle heat
- Stir the egg yolks in the chocolate sauce
- In a separate spotless bowl whisk the egg whites until they form stiff peaks, then add the sugar and whisk again.
- Gently fold the eggs whites into the chocolate mixture until just mixed through.
- Divide evenly between your two ramekins
- Place your ramekins into a roasting dish and fill the roasting dish with boiling water so it comes up to half way up the ramekins.
- Place into the oven and watch with joy as it rises. It will take 10-15min. Remove when they have just set.